* Advanced Clone tool – Remove unwanted elements from multiple frames more accurately using the advanced Clone tool, which offers five presets and the ability to simultaneously view the source frame as an overlay while you paint.
* Disk caching – Take advantage of disk caching to speed up your interactive work.
* Animation Presets – Save any combination of animation parameters — including transformations, masks, Expressions, effects, and text — as Animation Presets to quickly reuse without setting keyframes.
* Tighter Adobe integration – Import Adobe Photoshop® CS and Illustrator® CS files with layers and other attributes preserved. In Windows®, copy and paste selected Adobe Premiere® Pro clips into After Effects, and create motion menus and buttons for use in Adobe Encore™ DVD and much more.
* Color correction and grain management effects – Adjust the color of footage and other elements with powerful color correction tools, such as Color Finesse™. Use grain management tools to add grain to make video look more like film, or remove grain to give film the look of video (Professional edition only).
* New special effects plug-ins – Add dramatic effects to your compositions with more than 60 new plug-ins, including Particle World, Light Burst, Light Sweep, and Toner.
* New text animation features – Set blend modes between characters, randomize text, write scripts to automate text changes within animations (Professional edition only), and more. Enjoy over 250 professionally designed text Animation Presets.
* FireWire video output – Preview your compositions on NTSC and PAL video monitors whether you’re using a Windows or a Mac OS X system.
* More flexible Motion Tracker – Zero in on any element with the enhanced Motion Tracker, which lets you use as many points as you like or standard one-, two-, and four-point settings; track change in scale or just horizontal or vertical movement; and edit the motion path (Professional edition only).
* Enhanced scripting – Use scripts to automate management of the Render Queue as well as production tasks including changes to text and layers, creation of custom palettes, and more (Professional edition only).